The completion of your new home to our standards and your expectations is assured by the following practices and procedures:
1. Independent, third party professional architects and engineers licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction are used to prepare, certify and seal plans and specifications specific to your new home and/or community. Those plans are then reviewed and approved by the appropriate municipality for the issuance of permits for construction.
2. An experienced onsite Project Manager directly oversees the construction of your new home to comply with current applicable building codes and applicable City or County, State and Federal regulations and permits.
3. Final inspections are held by the local municipal site/building inspector with our onsite Project Manager to insure the completion of your new home and the issuance of a Residential Use Permit allowing occupancy of your home.
4. Pre-settlement inspection of your home with our Project Manager and General Manager to identify punch list items to be completed prior to settlement but not later than 30 days post closing for any back order items.
5. Customer service lists are addressed at 6 month and 12 month intervals post closing.
6. One Year Builder Warranty for major defects is provided at closing.
7. Manufacture warranties are provided at closing and extend per the terms of those warranties for items such as HVAC equipment, appliances, plumbing, windows and doors. Brand name materials carrying warranties are used when available, appropriate and compatible with the plans and specifications for the construction of your new home.
8. 10 Year Structural Defect Warranty is secured by Courtland Homes to your benefit from 2–10 Homebuyer's Warranty affording protection against major structural defects in your home. The Warranty is mailed directly to the homeowner post closing.